The Utah Arts Festival is seeking applications for individual and organizations of emerging artists for the 2023 Utah Arts Festival, June 23-25.
About the Emerging Artist Program
Deadline: January 31, 2023
The intent of this program is to provide opportunities, resources and a platform for under-recognized and up-and-coming artists to show their work and evolve their craft. This program encompasses artists of all ages, races, ethnicities, gender identities, and ability whose careers are on the rise in their respective mediums and genres. We’re seeking artists whose voices and artistic perspectives break barriers and contribute to a greater dialogue in our community about issues of social justice, belonging, inclusion and diversity. Our ultimate goal is to help to define new styles, lift up amazing work, give under-represented artists a voice and further support professional development, and to do that across all programs of the Utah Arts Festival.
We are accepting applications from individual artists or small groups seeking to perform, exhibit, or propose ideas for unique projects they wish to share with the community that meet the above criteria. There is a separate application for organizations who wish to apply to help support the communities they serve through booth space or unique collaborative projects. For questions please contact Amanda Neff at .
Please note that if you were accepted as an individual emerging artist and participated in the 2022 Utah Arts Festival you are not eligible to apply through this program in 2023. Please refer to the application form for your specific medium to apply for the 2023 Utah Arts Festival.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Tuesday January 31, 2023 by 5pm. All applications must be completed online. NO drop-off applications are accepted.
2023 Deadlines & Important Dates
- Tuesday January 31: Completed applications must be received by the Utah Arts Festival no later than 5:00 PM.
- Friday, March 10: Notification emails / Contracts sent to artists
- Friday, March 31: Signed contracts due back to Festival no later than 5:00 pm
- June 23-25: Utah Arts Festival
Resources that will be offered to accepted artists:
- Opportunity to be mentored by a seasoned artist in your medium or genre to help you make the most out of your experience.
- Access to a professional photographer and/or videographer to help build your profile and set you up for future success.
- A chance to meet with our program coordinators to better understand the application process, and tips for the best way to promote yourself as an artist.
- Visual Artists: Not only will we waive the application fee and booth fee, but we’ll also provide you a 10x10 tent, one 8’ table, two chairs, and three pieces of grid wall. You will also be invited to the Artist Marketplace Reception during set-up to mingle with other visual artists.
- Music/Dance/Literary Artists: Paid performance slot between 10-50 mins long depending on comfort level of carrying a set with available material and schedule availability.
- Film Artists: Opportunity for your work to be seen and included as part of our People’s Choice Voting for that program.