Over the years we have received many requests from Masquerade Party-goers for interesting and unique masks to wear to our annual fundraiser. They’re looking for something more artistic and less ordinary than what is available at party stores, and wanted their purchase to support the Utah Arts Festival and our work. This has become a tradition with many patrons becoming collectors..
The 2023 Mask Exhibit will be the eleventh installment and each year gets better and better! Our goal is to represent a variety of mediums, highlight the work of local artists, and garner some financial support that will help us continue to present an amazing Utah Arts Festival in June.
- Creative within the mask theme. While we would like the majority of masks to be wearable we will also consider work that is not wearable so long as it falls within the mask theme. Please contact us if you have questions about your specific work.
- Reasonably priced. We would like to offer a variety of masks at various price ranges. On the application you will be asked to select a range in which you plan to price your work. We understand this can change as the process evolves.
- Include a representative sample of your work. This can be a photo of previous masks you’ve created, a drawing of an idea you have for a mask – anything that gives us a general sense of what the final product might look like.
- Friday, December 16th – Deadline for submission of application and representative sample.
- Tuesday, December 20th – Selected artists will be notified.
- Monday, January 9th – Deadline to turn in your signed Terms & Conditions form as well as your bio and headshot.
- Friday, January 13th – Masks must be delivered to the office no later than this date with Mask Exhibit Agreement completed and signed in order to be eligible for insurance.
- Thursday, February 2nd – Online preview and exclusive sale for Utah Arts Festival donors online gallery opens to the public.
- Friday, February 3rd – Friday, February 17th – Exhibit open to the public online.
- Week of February 20th – Unsold masks should be picked up. We will notify you as to whether your piece sold as soon as possible. If your mask does not sell you have the option to sell it at the silent auction during the Masquerade Party on February 25th, 2023.
Accepted Artists Will Receive:
- 30% commission on the listed value for which the piece sells.
- Promotion in our press release, in our email newsletter, and on social media. We’ll talk about you wherever we can!
- One complimentary ticket per artist to attend the Masquerade Party on February 25, 2023.
- Opportunity to purchase up to three additional tickets at a discounted rate of $50 each (normally $65).