Your Generosity Makes it All Possible!
The Utah Arts Festival is where we celebrate community and revel in live music, poets and storytellers, film screenings, graffiti art, jewelry makers and painters. It’s a place to find your passion and gain inspiration; to discover diverse, independent artists, and go hands-on with free workshops.
As someone who cares about all that the Festival adds to the community, we invite you to join us by making a donation in any amount. Your support is needed more now than ever as we work to not only rebuild, but to grow.
Your support will help to make our community a better place through art by helping to inspire artists of all ages to find and follow their passions. We’ve been quietly working behind the scenes to be nimbler and more progressive in our programming in addition to a sharper focus on being more inclusive and accessible. Make a donation today and help ensure our vision becomes reality.
Please read below for donation levels and available benefits. Donations to the Utah Arts Festival are fully tax-deductible provided no goods or services are received by the donor. Opting into receiving benefits will lower the tax-deductible value of your donation.
*Donations received through July 18th will be included on the recognition banner at the Utah Arts Festival.
WAYS TO GIVE:
- Make a one-time donation in any amount.
- Make a pledge and give a small amount monthly through your credit or debit card.
- Make a stock gift or planned gift by contacting our Development Department.
- List the Utah Arts Festival as your nonprofit of choice for your Smith's Shoppers Card or Amazon Smile account and the companies will donate a portion of your purchases to the Utah Arts Festival.
What You Get When You Give:
All of our Friends will receive the following benefits:
- You’ll be the first to know whenever we’ve got breaking news.
- Invitations to events just for Friends.
- Special offers and discounts from corporate and community partners.
VIP Friends Credentials include:
- Admission to the Utah Arts Festival all three days.
- Access to the Friends Patio and Hospitality Patio.
Friend for a Day passes include:
- One day admission to the Utah Arts Festival with access to the Friends Patio and Hospitality Patio.
FRIEND - $50
- Two (2) general admission tickets for the Utah Arts Festival.
ADMIRER - $100
- Your choice of 4 general admission tickets to the Utah Arts Festival OR one (1) Friend for a Day pass.
GROUPIE - $250
- Two (2) VIP Friends Credentials.
ENTHUSIAST - $500
- Two (2) VIP Friends Credentials.
- Four (4) Friend for a Day passes.
FANATIC - $1,000
- Four (4) VIP Friends Credentials.
- Eight (8) Friend for a Day passes.
SUPER FAN - $2,000 +
- Four (4) VIP Friends Credentials.
- Sixteen (16) Friends for a Day passes.
- Opportunity to host a private event for you and your guests at the Sky Box. Contact Meagan Mod for details. Additional costs may apply.
Nightly, 8:00PM-11PM, near Park Stage, south of City & County Building
Located right next to the Park Stage, the Friends Patio offers the best seats in the house putting you in the front row for some of our biggest performances. The Friends Patio hosts nightly Friends-only events from 7:00PM-8:00PM, complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as access to a dedicated beer, wine and spirits booth where alcohol can be purchased (ID required). This is a 21 and older patio and you must bring a valid ID to enter.
Nightly, 6PM-11PM, north of City & County Building
The Hospitality Patio is located north of the City and County Building with complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as access to a dedicated beer, wine and spirits booth where alcohol can be purchased (ID required). All ages are welcome. Guests 5 and older must have a ticket or credential.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Benefits are valid for one year beginning on the date of the donation and are subject to change.
- Your donation must be received by July 18, 2021 in order to be included on the Friends with Benefits recognition banner at the Utah Arts Festival.
- In order to make sure you get your tickets and passes in time for this year's Utah Arts Festival we recommend donating by August 13. For questions contact .
- The online FWB listing is based on donation date. Your name will appear for one year.
Be a Friend Who Gives a Crap!
For a donation of $75 you can put a name or brief message on a Porta-Potty at the 2021 Festival for all the world to see! In addition to signs that appear on both the exterior and interior of one of our fantastic porta-potties, you will receive two tickets to the Utah Arts Festival, and a commemorative foam Porta-Potty as a reminder that you truly gave a crap about something important. Your donation is tax-deductible and all proceeds benefit the Utah Arts Festival. For questions contact .
Thank you for considering a legacy gift to the Utah Arts Festival in your long-term financial plans. Your gift will have a large impact on the arts community in Utah by strengthening and securing the future of the Utah Arts Festival for generations to come.
Planned gifts can be in many forms:
- Life insurance
- Real Estate
- Pooled income funds
For more information on how to establish a planned gift, contact Meagan Mod, Development Director, at 801-322-2428 or your estate planner.
Acceptance of any contribution, gift or grant is at the discretion of the Utah Arts Festival. The Utah Arts Festival will not accept any gift unless it can be used or expanded consistently with its purpose and mission and can be held or sold for economic gain.
No irrevocable gift, whether outright or life-income in character, will be accepted if under any reasonable set of circumstances the gift would jeopardize the donor’s financial security and by making a donation to the Utah Arts Festival you acknowledge and agree that your donation does not place your financial security at risk.
The Utah Arts Festival does not provide advice about the tax or other treatment of gifts. Donors should seek guidance from their own professional advisors to assist them in the process of making their gift.
The Utah Arts Festival will accept donations of cash, publicly traded securities, and valuable personal property. Certain other gifts, invaluable personal property, in-kind gifts, non-liquid securities, real estate, and contributions whose sources are not transparent or whose use is restricted in some manner, must be reviewed by the Gift Acceptance Committee* prior to acceptance due to the special obligations raised or liabilities they may pose for the Utah Arts Festival.
The Utah Arts Festival will provide acknowledgments to donors meeting IRS substantiation requirements for property received by the charity as a gift. However, except for gifts of cash and publicly traded securities, no value shall be ascribed to any receipt or other form of substantiation of a gift received by the Utah Arts Festival.
The Utah Arts Festival will respect the wishes of those relating to the desire to remain anonymous. With respect to anonymous gifts, the Utah Arts Festival will restrict information about the donor to only those staff members with a need to know. The Utah Arts Festival is excited and honored to accept donations intended for specific purposes. If you wish to make a donation restricted to a particular use or purpose, please contact our Development Director to make sure that your donation can be made in the way that both accomplishes your giving objectives and is most beneficial to the Utah Arts Festival.
The Utah Arts Festival may accept any designated contribution, grant, bequest, or devise consistent with its general charitable and tax-exempt purposes. As so limited, donor-designated contributions will be accepted for special funds, purposes, or uses, and such designations generally will be honored. However, the Utah Arts Festival reserves all right, title, and interest in and to and control of such contributions, as well as full discretion as to the ultimate expenditure or distribution thereof. Further, the Utah Arts Festival will acquire and retain sufficient control over all donated funds (including designated contributions) to assure that such funds will be used to carry out the Corporation's tax-exempt purposes.
The Utah Arts Festival will not compensate, whether through commissions, finders’ fees, or other means, any third party for directing a gift or a donor to the Utah Arts Festival.
Multi-year pledges will be accepted, but for no more than five years. Donors should complete and sign a gift or pledge agreement form detailing the purpose of the gift, payment schedule and recognition preferences.
* Gift Acceptance Committee
The primary role of the Gift Acceptance Committee is to review proposed gift transactions that are out of the ordinary. The Committee shall be made up of one member of the Board of Directors to be appointed annually, the Executive Director, the Development Director, and an attorney or other professional persons as relevant to the nature of the potential gift (e.g. real estate professional, insurance specialist, CPA, financial advisor, etc.).