The 48th annual Utah Arts Festival will be held June 28th - 30th at Library Square in downtown Salt Lake City.
This year’s theme is The Great Salt Lake so make-and-take projects will be based on this theme. Potential projects could include, but are not limited to: the animals that live on, in, or near it, the history, the geology, the colors, etc! These projects should be accessible to children ages 5-12, and should not take more than 15 minutes to complete.
Six nonprofit organizations will be selected based on their ability to meet the theme and commitment to the following:
- Make-and-take projects based on the stated theme: The Great Salt Lake
- Ability to add diverse perspectives and unique voices or understanding around the theme.
- Staff and volunteers to manage and run your tent spanning three shifts each day (Noon to 9pm).
- We recommend at least one staff person per 3-hour shift.
- We recommend three volunteers per 3-hour shift.
- Crew to clean-up micro-trash after the Festival, or other means of trash prevention.
- Environmentally friendly projects/materials including upcycling are strongly encouraged
The Utah Arts Festival will provide the following:
- 10’ x 10’ tent, (2) 8’ tables with vinyl covers, and (3) folding chairs
- Passes for your staff working the tent (up to 5 per group)
- Up to 10 tickets for your organization
- “Kid Crew” t-shirts for your staff
- $600 stipend to offset supplies
Applications must be completed online. NO drop-off applications will be accepted. Completed applications must be received by the Utah Arts Festival no later than 5:00 PM on January 30, 2024. No late applications will be accepted. For questions or more information, please contact
Applications from for-profit companies will not be accepted. If you are interested in the possibility of participating as a sponsor of the Art Yard please contact