The Utah Arts Festival is seeking applications for emerging artists for the 2024 Utah Arts Festival, June 28 - 30.
About the Emerging Artist Program
Deadline: January 26, 2024
The intent of this program is to provide opportunities, resources and a platform for under-recognized and up-and-coming artists to show their work and evolve their craft. This program encompasses artists of all ages, races, ethnicities, gender identities, and ability whose careers are on the rise in their respective mediums and genres. We’re seeking artists whose voices and artistic perspectives break barriers and contribute to a greater dialogue in our community about issues of social justice, belonging, inclusion and diversity. Our ultimate goal is to help to define new styles, lift up amazing work, give under-represented artists a voice and further support professional development, and to do that across all programs of the Utah Arts Festival.
We are accepting applications from individual artists or small groups seeking to perform, exhibit, or propose ideas for unique projects they wish to share with the community that meet the above criteria.
If you are an organization and would like to discuss opportunities to be involved with the Festival, please contact
Please note that if you were accepted as an individual emerging artist and participated in any past Utah Arts Festivals you are not eligible to apply through this program in 2024. Please refer to the application form for your specific medium to apply for the 2024 Utah Arts Festival.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: January 26, 2024. All applications must be completed online. NO drop-off applications are accepted.
2024 Deadlines & Important Dates
- Friday, January 26: Completed applications must be received by the Utah Arts Festival no later than midnight.
- Friday, March 18: Notification emails sent to applicants
- Friday, April 5: Signed contracts due back to Festival no later than 5:00 pm
- June 28 -30: Utah Arts Festival
All applications must be completed online. NO drop-off applications are accepted.
Resources that will be offered to accepted artists:
- Opportunity to be mentored by a seasoned artist in your medium or genre to help you make the most out of your experience.
- Access to a professional photographer and/or videographer to help build your profile and set you up for future success.
- A chance to meet with our program coordinators to better understand the application process, and tips for the best way to promote yourself as an artist.
- Visual Artists: Not only will we waive the application fee and booth fee, but we’ll also provide you a 10x10 tent, one 8’ table, two chairs, and three pieces of grid wall. You will also be invited to the Artist Marketplace Reception during set-up to mingle with other visual artists.
- Music/Dance/Literary Artists: Paid performance slot between 10-50 mins long depending on comfort level of carrying a set with available material and schedule availability.
- Film Artists: Opportunity for your work to be seen and included as part of our People’s Choice Voting for that program.